When you are the author of a document:
- Show respect to your audience. “The customer is king”, there is a reason for each comment. If a comment is unclear, contact the reviewer.
- Your document serves a purpose. You must keep that in mind when writing; make sure your audience understands, does not have to make assumptions. Be clear, complete and try to read your own document from the readers’ perspective.
- Announce the document to the moderator so the review can be announced. This helps the reviewers in planning their review activities.
- Accept the comments as feedback on your document, not as a personal judgment.
- When questions slip through in the review form, this probably means there is information missing. Add that info in your document to store that knowledge for future use.